This coming Wednesday 25 May 2016 the Brisbane Tableau User Group have an Open Data
competition vizfest (lets just get people building viz’s).
Here are some resources and examples to make creating an Open Data Viz super easy!
- It all starts with the data,
- If you want to include maps tableau recognises postcodes and LGA’s “out of the box” (for LGA use Geographic Role = County)
- Look for deep narrow data – instead of lots of columns look for lots of rows
- You can connect to the sources below and publish to Tableau Public using the freely available Tableau Public client or Tableau Desktop
- I have put a very simple quick video below
Here are some great Open Data sources about Queensland:
plus several other great links below
Remember to publish the viz and get the url link to place in the meetup notice board.
BTUG Open Data