Agile Data Warehouse Design Course
March 12 @ 9:00 am - March 14 @ 5:00 pm| $3,500
KeyData is bringing Lawrence Corr to deliver his world renowned 3-day course on data warehouse design to Brisbane.
Agile Data Warehouse Design covers step-by-step techniques for capturing data warehousing/business intelligence (DW/BI) requirements and turning them into high performance dimensional models in the most direct way: by modelstorming (data modeling + brainstorming) with BI stakeholders.
The course teaches BEAM (Business Event Analysis & Modeling), an agile approach to dimensional modeling, for improving communication between data designers, BI stakeholders and the whole DW/BI development team. BEAM provides tools and techniques that will encourage designers and developers to set aside their keyboards and entity relationship based tools and model interactively with their business stakeholders and colleagues.
BEAM helps close the gap between the business users’ data requirements and database design. It allows groups of business and IT professionals to model data collaboratively to not only gather and prioritize data requirements but create a shared understanding of data analytics opportunities and design more flexible BI solutions.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the requirements and challenges of DW/BI design in a “Big Data” world
- Explain the impact of agile practices on DW/BI design
- Agile dimensional modeling using Business Event Analysis & Modeling (BEAM)
- Run modelstorming sessions: do data modeling that is quicker, more inclusive, more productive, and quite frankly more fun!
- Model BI requirements with stakeholders using business-friendly tools and techniques
- Model data requirements collaboratively using visual thinking and storytelling
- Tell dimensional data stories using the 7Ws (who, what, when, where, how many, why and how)
- Use narrative, visual thinking, 7Ws and lots of Post-it ™ notes to get everyone thinking more clearly about data requirements and creating better data models
- Help business stakeholders develop powerful mental maps for exploring their data with modern BI tools
- Model by example not abstraction; using data story themes, not crow’s feet, to describe detail
- Storyboard the data warehouse to discover conformed dimensions and plan iterative development
- Rapidly translate BI data requirements into efficient, flexible data warehouse and data mart designs
- Plan, design and develop BI solutions incrementally
- Solve common BI performance and usability problems with proven dimensional design patterns.
Who Should Attend
- Business and IT professionals who want to jointly develop better analytical data solutions sooner
- Business analysts, scrum masters, data modelers/architects, DBAs and application developers new to DW/BI, will benefit from the solid grounding in dimensional modeling.
- Data scientists and engineers will learn valuable techniques for designing feature rich datasets.
- Experienced DW/BI professionals will find the course updates their hard-earned industry knowledge with fresh ideas on agile modeling, dimensional design patterns and business model alignment.
- Data Vault practitioners will appreciate BEAM’s systematic approach for designing query-friendly dimensional data marts and unlocking business value.
For additional information about the course, including pricing and detailed content, please view the brochure.
$3,500 / person
Discounts are available for group bookings. Contact us to learn more.
To confirm your seats please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org